All Together Now
Community Chords is the Augusta Symphony’s name for all of its education and outreach programs. As part of the Symphony’s mission to share the joy of music, Community Chords is comprised of innovative means connecting members of the orchestra and other music educators with people from all walks of life beyond the concert hall. Facets of Community Chords include:
- Music Therapy – A board-certified music therapist provides free group music therapy to adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities at the Knox Music Institute
- Veterans Outreach – The VA Guitar Ensemble attends rehearsals and performs at the Miller Theater, Symphony quartets and trios perform at VA medical centers, and Symphony musicians play during Music-Assisted Group Meditation and Relaxation Therapy
- School Outreach – Symphony musicians perform engaging and interactive concerts in CSRA schools
- Discovery Children’s Concerts – the Symphony presents an annual concert for elementary, middle, and high school students at the Miller Theater
- Symphony on the Road – the Symphony travels to underserved communities and presents side-by-side rehearsals with young band students, in-school concerts, and free community concerts
Video and Branding by Wier/Stewart.